How to Renew Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate Google Cloud Bitnami. Let’s Encrypt SSL is a free Certificate Authority (CA) that issues SSL certificate Google Cloud Bitnami. You can use these SSL certificates to secure traffic to and from your Bitnami application host.
This guide walks you through the process of generating a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate for your domain and installing and configuring it to work with your Bitnami application stack.
This guide assumes that:
- You have deployed a Bitnami application and the application is available at a public IP address so that the Let’s Encrypt process can verify your domain.
- You have the necessary credentials to log in to the Bitnami application instance.
- You own one or more domain names.
- You have configured the domain name’s DNS record to point to the public IP address of your Bitnami application instance.
To launch the Bitnami HTTPS Configuration Tool, execute the following command and follow the prompts:
Alternative Approach: Renew Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate Google Cloud Bitnami
test ! -f "/opt/bitnami/common/bin/openssl" && echo "Approach A: Using system packages." || echo "Approach B: Self-contained installation."
Step 1: Install The Lego Client
The Lego client simplifies the process of Let’s Encrypt certificate generation. To use it, follow these steps:
- Log in to the server console as the bitnami user.
- Run the following commands to install the Lego client. Note that you will need to replace the X.Y.Z placeholder with the actual version number of the downloaded archive:
cd /tmp curl -Ls https://api.github.com/repos/xenolf/lego/releases/latest | grep browser_download_url | grep linux_amd64 | cut -d '"' -f 4 | wget -i - tar xf lego_vX.Y.Z_linux_amd64.tar.gz sudo mkdir -p /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt sudo mv lego /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/lego
- Turn off all Bitnami services:
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop
- Request a new certificate for your domain as below, both with and without the www prefix.
sudo /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/lego --tls --email="EMAIL-ADDRESS" --domains="seoxoom.com" --domains="seoxoom.com" --path="/opt/bitnami/letsencrypt" run A set of certificates will now be generated in the /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/certificates directory. This set includes the server certificate file DOMAIN.crt and the server certificate key file DOMAIN.key.
Step 5: Renew The Let’s Encrypt Certificate
Let’s Encrypt certificates are only valid for 90 days. To renew the certificate before it expires, run the following commands from the server console as the bitnami user. Remember to replace the DOMAIN placeholder with your actual domain name, and the EMAIL-ADDRESS placeholder with your email address.
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop sudo /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/lego --tls --email="EMAIL-ADDRESS" --domains="seoxoom.com" --path="/opt/bitnami/letsencrypt" renew --days 90 sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh start
To automatically renew your certificates before they expire, write a script to perform the above tasks and schedule a cron job to run the script periodically. To do this:
- Create a script at /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/scripts/renew-certificate.sh
sudo nano /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/scripts/renew-certificate.sh
- Enter the following content into the script and save it. Remember to replace the DOMAIN placeholder with your actual domain name, and the EMAIL-ADDRESS placeholder with your email address.
#!/bin/bash sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop apache sudo /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/lego --tls --email="EMAIL-ADDRESS" --domains="seoxoom.com" --path="/opt/bitnami/letsencrypt" renew --days 90 sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh start apache
#!/bin/bash sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop nginx sudo /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/lego --tls --email="EMAIL-ADDRESS" --domains="seoxoom.com" --path="/opt/bitnami/letsencrypt" renew --days 90 sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh start nginx
- Make the script executable:
sudo chmod +x /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/scripts/renew-certificate.sh
- Execute the following command to open the crontab editor:
sudo crontab -e
- Add the following lines to the crontab file and save it:
0 0 1 * * /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/scripts/renew-certificate.sh 2> /dev/null
- How to install Vicidial Webphone in Scratch Install with Lets encrypt SSL
- How To Remove Bitnami Corner Banner From WordPress on Google Cloud
- 20 Big Search Engines You Can Use Instead of Google
- How to Install FreePBX 16 on CentOS 7 / RHEL 7
- Asterisk dialplan to dial over multiple trunks with call limit set
About Me:I'm the digital marketing specialist, competent in SEO (Google, Yahoo & Bing), Google Adwords (Search, Display, Google Shopping etc.), Facebook & Instagram Advertising etc. I can work in all platforms of digital marketing & advertise the legitimate products/services in a specific country, city or all over the world.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Top 3 SEO Tools Used by Experts in 2023
- The Most Essential Technical SEO Tools For Agencies
- Use ad extensions to enhance the performance of your ads
- Define your ideal customer persona to understand your target audience
- Optimize your landing pages to provide a seamless user experience
- Conduct keyword research to identify high-intent and long-tail keywords
- Monitor and adjust your campaigns based on data-driven insights
- Set Realistic Goals for successful digital marketing campaign
- Use Ad Extensions for better Pay per click Advertising
- Optimizing Your Landing Pages: A Key to Successful Pay Per Click Advertising
- Conducting Keyword Research: A Crucial Step in Pay Per Click Advertising
- Understand Your Target Audience and Create Effective Marketing Campaigns