There are a few things you can try to fix windows search bar that is not working in Windows 10:
Restart the Windows Search service:
Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Type “services.msc” and press Enter. Scroll down to “Windows Search” and right-click on it. Select “Restart.”
Restart the computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the issue.
Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter: Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app. Go to “Update & Security” and select “Troubleshoot.” Select “Search and Indexing” and run the troubleshooter.
Rebuild the index: Press the Windows key + X and select “Control Panel.” Select “Indexing Options.” Click the “Advanced” button and select “Rebuild.”
Reset the Windows Search feature: Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app. Go to “Apps” and select “Apps & features.” Scroll down and find “Windows Search.” Select it and click the “Advanced options” link. Click the “Reset” button to reset the Windows Search feature.
If none of these “search bar not working in Windows 10” steps work, you may need to perform a system restore or re-install windows.
About Me:I'm the digital marketing specialist, competent in SEO (Google, Yahoo & Bing), Google Adwords (Search, Display, Google Shopping etc.), Facebook & Instagram Advertising etc. I can work in all platforms of digital marketing & advertise the legitimate products/services in a specific country, city or all over the world.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Top 3 SEO Tools Used by Experts in 2023
- The Most Essential Technical SEO Tools For Agencies
- Use ad extensions to enhance the performance of your ads
- Define your ideal customer persona to understand your target audience
- Optimize your landing pages to provide a seamless user experience
- Conduct keyword research to identify high-intent and long-tail keywords
- Monitor and adjust your campaigns based on data-driven insights
- Set Realistic Goals for successful digital marketing campaign
- Use Ad Extensions for better Pay per click Advertising
- Optimizing Your Landing Pages: A Key to Successful Pay Per Click Advertising
- Conducting Keyword Research: A Crucial Step in Pay Per Click Advertising
- Understand Your Target Audience and Create Effective Marketing Campaigns